Total Machine Creatures
I Don't Have A Soul//I have Software
24 May 2007
WOW

I think I'm still hung over from last night's Lost season finale.


Can't find any images for bearded, Nirvana loving Jack, but how awesome was that shit? Because I always jam "Scentless Apprentice" when I'm out of my mind on Oxycotin.


A lot of people have been going on about potential plot points, and clues to mysteries, and while all of that is real exciting and cool, there was way more to last night's 2 hour episode.


Lost is one of the few shows on network television bold enough to ask the hard questions. We get hints of alternate dimensions/time-lines. Possible futures. The question of human destiny.


Speculative and slipstream fiction has, at this point, presented itself as a genre with so much story-telling, idea-spewing potential. It's always been that way, but something like Lost proves that it also has appeal. Maybe not the super wide appeal the series had in the very beginning, but definitely enough appeal to keep fans watching, and possibly suck in new fans who catch up on the DVDs over the summer.


Last night's episode only reaffirmed my love of the show. With so many of my favorite shows being canceled left and right this season, Lost is honestly the only television show left that I care about. Heroes and Raines are fun for their pastiche-ridden stabs at genre-fiction, but it's really about presenting a mainstream audience with things that may have only been familiar to a very niche market before. Lost is just next-level shit, through and through.


This season hasn't been the most consistent, and is still arguably the weakest thus far, but last night's season finale made all the weak moments more than worth it.


Again, motherfucking "Scentless Apprentice"!



Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels: ,