Total Machine Creatures
I Don't Have A Soul//I have Software
26 June 2007
The End of the Speculation

Surprised I missed this...

According to Rich Johnston, Martha Jones will continue as the Doctor's companion well into the Fourth season. Beyond that, I'm not sure...



I like Martha. A lot. And no, liking her does not include wishing that 'Human Nature/The Family Blood' had been sent in France instead of England, just so we had an excuse to see Freema Agyeman in a French Maid outfit.

I know that when season 3 first started, I was hesitant to accept her as a replacement for Rose Tyler, but that was simply because I had just begun to like Rose Tyler. In spite of a few missteps here & there ('Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks'), and a general lack of enough good Martha moments beyond "It's like he hardly knows I exist...", the producers of Doctor Who have been able to get Martha's character to essentially the same emotional territory as Rose was in towards the end of season two, in a single season.

Of course it took Steven Moffat a single episode to get Sally Sparrow to that same emotional territory, but you take what you can get.



Here's to you Martha Jones.

You've come a long way in a short period of time.

We look forward to seeing more adventures with you. (Although I could deal with seeing a little less of your sister, and your mom totally turned out to be a back-stabber.)

Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels: , ,