Total Machine Creatures
I Don't Have A Soul//I have Software
25 June 2007
YouTube Dreams

So I had a dream last night that I made a bunch of YouTube videos, where it was just me chain smoking and talking about how the stagnation of fan culture is going to be the inevitable death of genre fiction. I find this ironic, mostly because, while I don't cosplay and I generally have never enjoyed any of my experiences attending cons, I for the most part consider myself a "fan" like any other, whatever that means. Just yesterday afternoon I got into a heated phone argument with one of my dearest friends while walking down the street, about how I strongly feel that while not based on any "real" science, Star Trek, and essentially any space opera, can be considered "hard" sci-fi.


The videos, in my dream, were pretty straight-forward fare, but it was similar to this documentary I watched last year of Charles Bukowski in Paris, where he just chain smokes for two discs while drinking wine out of a honey jar. It was also similar, in many ways, to the Billy Wilder Speaks documentary, where he just complains and complains about absolutely everything.


So, I guess in my subconscious that's who I am: the Charles Bukowski meets Billy Wilder, of genre fiction.


Somebody please shoot the pompous ass who writes this blog.


Also, since when is it reasonable to dream about being on YouTube?



Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels: , ,