Total Machine Creatures
I Don't Have A Soul//I have Software
04 July 2007
shit. literally.

So recently the city of New York decided to repave my street. I have no idea why. There wasn't a single pothole on the entire road. It's funny because in the year that I lived in Crown Heights (a comparatively much more impoverished, yet far more family-friendly area) I never saw the city/county do a single bit of re constructive work.


Anyway, I woke up on Monday morning to this. When I arrived home from work I discovered that we had no running water. My friend assured me that this was merely a temporary thing, so I waited and waited. Later that evening, we got faucet water running, but only hot water. Again, the irony of this situation is that normally I can't get any hot water in my apartment, unless it's 3 in the morning. Since then, my water situation has not changed.


No shower.


No toilet.


Today is Independence Day. I have the day off work, and since I'm not a very social person, I was planning on spending the day relaxing with my cats and watching a couple movies.


Sounds like a great plan right?


Then I had my second cup of coffee and my umpteenth cigarette.


What the hell do they expect me to do with no toilet? I can buy bottled water for the cats, for cooking, and for drinking. A little body odor never hurt anyone. But am I not supposed to take a shit in my own home? Especially with the booming small businesses in my immediate vicinity letting fewer & fewer patrons have access to their restrooms? What the hell?


It's like being back in the Philippines.


Fuck this city. Again.



Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels: